Select Page
COE with Fazıl Say ...

Notifications
Clear all

COE with Fazıl Say in the Haydnsaal (Esterházy Palace)

2 Posts
2 Users
4 Likes
(@clive)
Chatty
Topic starter  

My wife and I have just watched the first two items in this concert (Haydn Symphony 96 and Mozart Piano Concerto No 21).  I found myself broadly smiling throughout.  In the piano concerto, Say played his own cadenzas in the first and third movements, which came as quite a surprise as I had not expected such modern-sounding interpolations, but I found them very enjoyable.  His playing was interesting too in the strength of some left-hand chords.  Altogether most enjoyable.

This concert can be found on Medici TV, and it is available to watch until June 11.  You do not need to subscribe to watch this concert, but you will m=need to make a free guest account, unless you already have one.

https://www.medici.tv/en/concerts/robin-ticciati-conducts-haydn-mozart-say-beethoven-fazil-say/?utm_source=medicitv&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EDITO_AL_COE_RCO_Inscrits_11032022_EN

Dinah, Jen and Hugh reacted
 Hugh
(@hugh)
Forum Champ

Posted by: @clive

Say played his own cadenzas in the first and third movements, which came as quite a surprise as I had not expected such modern-sounding interpolations, but I found them very enjoyable

Me too. Smile Say seemed to be very much enjoying the concerto too!

Clive reacted
ReplyQuote